Pride Veterinary Referrals has modern facilities and all the required instrumentation to allow the team to perform a wide range of orthopaedic procedures to suit all patients.
A significant number of the teams’ cases consist of lameness investigations and suitable treatment, whether conversation or surgical.
Orthopaedic patients at Pride Veterinary Referrals are treated by a dedicated team of clinicians and clinical support staff and can be sure of receiving the highest possible standards of care. Within the hospital, we have specialists in various disciplines ensuring the best possible decisions can be made for each case.
We prioritise animal welfare by offering 24-hour intensive care under continuous veterinary supervision. Our wards are also staffed day and night with vets and nurses, ensuring patients are nursed back to health as soon as possible.
Orthopaedic surgery is performed in dedicated theatres with highly trained staff. State-of-the-art facilities such as fluoroscopy, CT and MRI allow technical and complex procedures to be undertaken.
We believe that the best outcome is achieved through appropriate care in the post-operative period.Our in-house physiotherapy and hydrotherapy team work closely with orthopaedic surgeons to ensure return to function is maximised for every orthopaedic patient.
Whilst offering the highest standards, we recognise the importance of keeping our services affordable therefore, we offer most procedures with a fixed price ensuring transparency for your clients.
We routinely perform:
- Corrective osteotomies
- Cruciate ligament stabilisation (TPLO, TCWO)
- Manage complex fractures and luxation’s when needed under intra-operative fluoroscope.
- Digital radiography and fluoroscopy
- 1.5T MRI and 16 slice CT scanner
- Musculoskeletal ultrasonography
- Force plate gait analysis.
- Veterinary care provided 24 hours a day in intensive care
- In-house specialists in anaesthesia, neurology and soft tissue surgery to complement orthopaedic care
- Wide range of fracture repair systems available.
- Diagnostic and surgical arthroscopy
- Multimodal approach to joint disease including surgery, pain management, rehabilitation, physiotherapy and stem cell therapy.
- Hip Replacements
- Fracture Stabilisations.
Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy
- ACPAT qualified physiotherapist
- Hydrotherapy pool and treadmill
- Extracorporeal shockwave therapy and laser therapy.
Meet the Orthopaedic Team